Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideas for cap-keeping?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:41:53 -0800

Greg Locke wrote:

<<I still have every lens cap that ever came with a lens.
>Here's how you do it.
>1/ find a small box
>2/ place label that says "LENS CAPS" on that box.
>3/Put box in safe place.
>  The bottom of an equipment cabinet or file cabinet is good.
>4/ When you get a new lens cap, put it in the box and leave it there.

How can you say such a cruel thing?

But if I did that, I'd get dust on the lens! "sob sob." I mean it's really
important to keep dust off the glass surface as it'll derange the light
morphisms going to the film destroying the image quality I spent all those
thousands of dollars for the most important lens glass in the world. :(

I mean, imagine just what one tiny speck of fluff will do to my magnificent
Leica images. sob sob..I've gotta have the lens caps on! )wiping sobbing
eyes.:)

How could you be so cruel to even suggest I throw lens caps in a tiny box
and leave them hidden alone in a dark cabinet! I'm really crying now, oh
dear me. I can't believe you could say such a horrible thing about those
dear little dust catching caps I spent so much money for! :( :(

oh dear I can't go on....... sobbing uncontrollably! :(:(:(  "Watching way
too much daytime TV!" :)

You mean spirited cold hearted Newfoundlander! :) And here I thought you
were such caring people. :)  Excuse me I have to give my lens caps a tender
loving stroke then replace them to each sparkling clean lens! :)

And if you believe this....."you've been watching TOO MUCH daytime tv! :)

<<<<>...all said in jest with just a hint of truth :)  >>>>>>>

Greg, more truth in your comments than most folks will realize. :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant