Subject: Re: [Leica] My M6 flash experiment
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:30:18 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

SNIP

> I noticed a woman with a point and
> shoot. So I stopped down to 5.6 and set the shutter on bulb. When I saw her
> put it up to her eye, I opened the shutter and held it open until I saw the
> flash go off through my viewfinder. The results can be seen on my opening
> web page. (see URL below).
>

> Eric Welch

Eric,

When I worked daily news I had a boss who had worked for S.I. Newhouse
Sr. at the Newark Ledger. One of his favorite stories was when they were
covering an event that Margaret Bourke-White was assigned by LIFE to
photograph. She came in with her assistants and they lit the place with
lots of flashbulbs rigged everywhere. My boss and several of the other
local photographers just put their speed graphics on tripods, opened the
shutter on bulb when Ms. Bourke-White was ready to make her exposure and
of course scooped her cause they were on daily deadlines and she wasn't.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/