Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:07:40 -0600

At 05:22 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
> Is there a professional photographer super
>list that is circulated throughout the industry that requires a photographer
>to qualify before listing?  I just don't know.

PPofA certification is one way to get the alphabet soup after your name
legitimately. But for journalists there is no certification or licensing.
The latter would be unconstitutional, and for employers, they're likely to
ignore any kind of certification to find the cheapest labor willing to work
for them. The others know what to look for and demand quality.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.