Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:22:28 EST

Tina:

Nice hearing from you.

Is PhotoPro a professional photographer group that qualifies their members?
Is this a place to go to find a photographer that meets certain criteria?  You
have stated that for a professional to meet the definition of a professional
they must do all of the things that I listed.  Wouldn't it be fair to say that
they should do most of those things but many don't?

The point that I would like to make is that it is not fair to you and the many
other professionals for me, or any other amateur,  to be able to present
myself as a professional on the same level as you.  I offered to carry your
bags at no charge for you in Honduras and you turned me down....smart decision
on your part.

If you look in the real estate section of your Sunday newspaper you will find
agents with additional titles after their name.  I am sure they had to meet
certain standards and qualifications to use these additional titles.  Are
there titles that a professional photographer can obtain through similar
methods?   Wouldn't this be a way of protecting yourself as a true
professional?  It appears to me that the title, PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER is
just not good enough for those  photographers that have more skills, more
creative, more dependable,  presents consistent high quality work and meet
high moral and ethics standards.  Is there a professional photographer super
list that is circulated throughout the industry that requires a photographer
to qualify before listing?  I just don't know.

Bob Bedwell

<< Hi, Bob -

 The PhotoPro list groups defines a professional as someone who earns the
 majority of their income from photography.  In order to do that, you have
 to do all of the above  :-)

 Leically,
 Tina