Subject: Re[4]: [Leica] Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:36:59 -0500
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:17:15 -0600

At 09:49 AM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
> It just seemed to me that that's for the
>     publisher to decide and that his decision presumably would be based on
>     the perceived supply and demand in that market and need not be taken
>     as "denigrating" what the photographer does.

Believe me, in this business, they don't think straight at the top.
Photographers historically have not moved into management positions,
because they are thought of as less than the equals of word people. There
are notable exceptions in newspapers, but it's mostly a second class
citizen thing. And there is competition between word people and picture
people for real estate in a shrinking newshole. Supply and demand are often
the justification for abuse.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch