Subject: Re: [Leica] Charities And Donations, Eric & Art
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:46:46 -0500

     Hi, PB,

     Thanks for your comments.

     While I agree with most of what you wrote, you concluded as follows:

          It's one thing to not be able to pay the guy to do your
          taxes because you had zero income.  It's another thing to
          tell an accountant you "can't afford" to pay him because you
          spent too much money on your landscaper, pool cleaner and
          personal trainer.  That tells the accountant his services
          are worth less than the others.

     I'd suggest this scenario "tells the accountant his services are worth
     less than the others" only TO YOU.  And that's okay.  Why should the
     accountant---or anyone---assume that his services would be worth the
     same to everyone?  Nothing has the same value to everyone, which is
     why there are buyers and sellers (also non-buyers and non-sellers).

     :)

     Art