Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: aluminium pods and cold hands (was:Leica lenses & GroupProfessionals Responsibility?)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:32:56 -0800

oes.
>    In a previous posting someone mentioned using pipe insulation.  I find
> it to be too thick and foamy.  Bicycle or tennis racket tape works great,
> and gives a good grip at 40 below or 40 above.

It can be gotten thinner than you expect from specialized insulation
places instead of hardware or variety stores. It comes every half inch I
think. And at different densities and diameters. Preglued it's darn
convenient and fast and slick. Get someone with a serger to make a
stretch fabric tube to cover it like those things they sell in the
camera stores. Mine are black but hey you could get hot pick to fit into
your football deal and so a car won't back into it filled with drunks.
Mark Rabiner