Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film speed
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:47:08 +0100

Hi Gib,

In general I do stick to the film/developer combinations I mentioned. If I am
somewhere with Delta 100 in the camera, and the situation calls for a higher EI
than 80, I change film to Delta 400 or Delta 3200 as required. I am not that
advanced in the art of developing, and have never been able to get satisfactory
negatives out of the underexposure/overdevelopment combination. For that reason,
I avoid pushing film. Between the speed of D3200 (which for me is 1200-1600) and
my Noctilux, I rarely if ever have a need for pushing.

Nathan

Gib Robinson wrote:

> To LUGers with darkrooms:
>
> Recently Nathan Wajsman listed the ISO/EI speeds he uses to expose various
> B&W emulsions (Delta 100 at EI=80, etc.). The impression I get from his post
> and from other posts on the topic of film speed is that he and others of you
> with darkrooms generally shoot a given B&W film at the SAME ISO/EI speed
> irrespective of lighting conditions. Is that true? If so, WHY? (As my
> daughter so frequently says these days).

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html