Subject: Re: [Leica] M2s questions
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:23:03 EST

Thib,

I have a soft spot for all M2's because they are by far the purest of the M
cameras, especially those without selftimer.  Beautiful, uncluttered
viewfinder that calls up the three essential framelines one at a time.  The
camera has only what's necessary to take pictures.
My all time favorite are those models with button rewind and the flush light
collector window.  Pure 50's German industrial design.  Very clean lines and
the whole camera just looks right.  I have one in chrome and one in black.
Two beauties.
Right now, I'm using a black lever rewind version, no ST, flush light
collector window, Tom A M2 Rapidwinder in polished black anodized finish to
match the black paint and a Tom A softie.  Black 35/1.4 ASPH and MR-4 meter.
A real thoroughbred picture taking machine.  Got a lot of looks from people at
the Leica stand and all over at PMA.  A lot of people came up to me and asked
to touch it.  Black M2's always get this reaction from the M camera nuts!

Bill Rosauer