Subject: [Leica] Re: Hauling Big Glass
From: sandyquandt@centuryinter.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 99 02:08:07 GMT

Hi Bob,

Well, I'm not a guy, but I do sometimes haul around my Nikkor 500 f/4, usually
in a Domke long lens bag, which beats the "trumpet case" that Nikon provides
for this beast. If I'm feeling reckless, I just carry the 500 on its attached
strap over my shoulder. Fortunately, I have a very patient husband who helps
with the tripod and other gear; plus I have the advantage of not having to make
photographs for a living, so if equipment gets too heavy or the environment
gets too cold, I have the luxury of being able to pack up, go home, and wait
for Spring. (Or I just spend the interim shooting with the Leica M in order to
avoid the development of major skeletal deformities :-)

Sandy

<Now Jim, would you please answer a few stupid questions for me?  How do you
<guys carry those heavy lenses?  Do you use tripods or monopods?  Do you hire
<someone to carry the equipment for you?   Do you use a special strap?  My back
<and neck hurt at the thought of it,