Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica lenses & Group Professionals Responsibility?
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:26:26 EST

Oh my God Carl, I believe it would be easier to climb Everest.  That is
absolutely incredible.  I am definitely not sorry that I asked but I am
definitely sorry that you have to put your back, legs and arms through such
torture. Just the Canon equipment alone weighs close to ten pounds.   I would
suggest you wear a jockey strap but I don't think it will prevent a hernia.

Thanks for your note and from now on I will bow when I am around a
professional sports photographer.

Bob Bedwell

<<
 When purchasing my EOS system, one of the things I strived to do was cut
 down on weight. I consolidated a number of prime Canon FD lenses into
 several EOS zooms. I carry only three: 17-35 2.8; 28-70 2.8; 70-200 2.8.
 This has helped my back immeasurably. I use two bodies so one is on
 either shoulder. Also, when spending a day shooting I use Domke's photo
 vest so the load is better distributed instead of hanging off one
 shoulder. I keep a Quantum turbo battery in the back pocket with a
 Y-adapter so that each flash on camera is connected to it. Sometimes I
 have my M6 hanging around my neck in front (no flash, of course).

 When it comes to Hasselblad stuff it usually means I'm going in with a
 lot of lights. I keep the 'blad (sorry Marc :-)) stuff in a Lightware
 case. I also have three other Lightware cases with lights, one with
 lighting accessories, another bag with stands and umbrellas and another
 bag with softboxes and their accessories. I keep a seperate Tundra case
 with radio slave triggers, optical slaves, assorted synch cords and
 adapters, batteries and other stuff to make strobes fire. Film goes in a
 small cooler. Finally I have a utility box with a spare meter, a color
 meter and a fortune in Sinar and Lee compensation and correction filters
 stored in CD cases as well as other filters and the means of attaching
 them to every lens I own. These my assistant and I drag around on a
 Kart-a-Bag cart that can hold 300 lbs. Somewhere in the midst of all
 this I carry a Bogen tripod with an Arca B-1 head on it. All my
 equipment is fitted with RRS adapter plates for this. Sometimes I use a
 Leitz Tilt-All which has also been fitted to accomodate RRS plates.
 Sorry you asked? Hope this helps. And my cajones never get cold ;) just
 my hands.

 --
 Carl Socolow