Subject: [Leica] Arguments
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 08:27:44 -0800

ted wrote:

> My apology to LUG members for wasting your space by allowing myself to get
> so stupidly dragged into a dumb word situation!

In my experience, Peter has been the catalyst for several very interesting
posts by you and, before you, by Jim and others. For example, I thoroughly
enjoyed your description of slides/light tables, editors at work as I did
Jim's detailed analysis of the limits of digital imaging. While I don't
enjoy the abrasive tone of Peter's comments, his point of view has been
sufficiently substantial to elicit some very useful rebuttles. On the whole,
I'm pleased that this group stays pretty civilized in its responses; but
abrasive challenges (Peter's are, of course, neither the first nor the only
ones) bring out different qualities in you and others. I get to see you in a
somewhat different "light". No apology needed.

- --Gib