Subject: Re: [Leica] T400-CN v. "true" B&W
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:28:49 -0800

Francesco wrote:

> I know that T400-CN is not standard BW since it uses
> color negative chemistry.  But, aside from that fact, what
> are the differences in the negatives that one would get
> from a roll of T400-CN as opposed to TMAX 400?

> Francesco

My thoughts on the use of this film have to do with the lack of silver
in the film and the fact that its the same stuff as color Neg only one
layer. In printing color Neg sometimes only a few years later makes for
a harrowing experience of crossover and strange shifts. The layers age
differently from each other.
But as the T400-CN has only one layer this would probably not be an issue.
Would it keep only slightly less well than a TriX Neg? That is my impression.
Mark Rabiner