Subject: [Leica] RE: [off topic] indy film like Pi
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:13:53 +0100

At 17:15 18/02/99 -0500, Michaël wrote :

Putting on a flame retardant suit.*IMHO*  I never saw Spielberg as a great
artist.... just someone who has perfected the Hollywood blockbuster.  What
about the indy films like pi, talk about effective use of film grain
(keeping it somewhat leica related)

>--
>Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>
>NO ARCHIVE

I haven't seen Pi yet because the film has just arrived in France.
But the theme is great : how to find the unique equation which describes
the world. I guess there is a link with the deterministic chaos and the
logistic equation.
It seems the film is "off-the-wall" and, hence, is near the behavior of a
Leica owner ;-). For instance : film grain like a triX, as you reported
(see Ralph Gibson) and I'd add : techno music. Yes, I find a link between
my Viso3 with a chimney and the techno planet : an eccentric world...

Dominique Pellissier