Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 3200
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 05:24:27 EST

Byron:

I had excellent results exposing Delta 3200 at ISO 1600 and developing for 6
1/2 minutes in stock solution Xtol at 68F.   I am a fanatic about my negative
processing procedures.  I use distilled water in all developers.   Also, pour-
in/pour-out times are included in the total processing times.  The only
thermometer that I use is Kodak's Glass/Mercury Color Themometer.  Temperature
of all chemicals are maintained throughout the process.  At one time I was not
so attentive to the process and the quality of my negatives suffered.  The
shorter development times forced me to "change my ways".

Nathan Wajsman currently processes Delta3200 at ISO 1600 in Xtol stock
solution for 7 minutes.  Either of these numbers will put you in the ballpark.
I may be a little aggressive in the agitation area.  Regardless, you will be
rewarded with some amazing negatives.

Best to you,

Bob Bedwell
<< Hi,

 I was wondering if anyone on the list could share their experience
 with processing Ilford Delta 3200. I picked up a couple of rolls this
 afternoon, and I have bottles of HC110, D-76, Rodinal and Tmax in my
 cupboard which I'm willing to experiment with. I would like to avoid
 pronounced grain -- suppose I expose it at EI1600, is there any developer
 from the above list that I can happily use?

 Many thanks,

 Byron >>