Subject: Re: [Leica] Details about Konica Hexar Non-Launch?
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 02:16:13 EST

Hi Gang,

Just got back from PMA about a half hour ago.  No Konica Hexar II or whatever
it will be called to be seen.  Interesting reaction from Leica as to what will
happen when this camera does see the light of day.  Leica feels the new Hexar
will increase interest in the M camera and its lenses.  I asked about the use
of the M lens mount on the Konica and I was told the patent on the Leica M
mount expired in 1979!  Quite a long time for another company to finally use
it on a camera.  Speculation is that M lenses should be able to focus on the
new Konica, otherwise why would they utilize the M mount?  Further speculation
as to what kind of focus system the camera utilizes.  Perhaps both mechanical
via an M type cam and electronic for autofocus.  If only autofocus sensors are
used for manual focus, this would not be accurate enough for most M lenses!

Bill Rosauer