Subject: [Leica] '69-'79 50mm Summicrons
From: Al Edwards <alwards@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:27:10 -0800

Hi all,

I am trying to decide whether or not to tape over
the r*d d*t on my M6, and I wonder if anyone
would like to share their opinion...

Just kidding:

The thread on 90mm Tele-Elmarit lenses got me
thinking about a lens I own: a mid-seventies black
50mm Summicron which does its job admirably.

I have heard that this lens is not up to the high
standards of the Summicrons that preceded
or followed it, but have never heard why.

I'm curious if anyone has anything to offer
on this subject. Particularly interesting would
be remarks from those who have used several
generations of Summicrons.

By the way, I plan to keep mine. I apologize
in advance of this is one of those r*d-d*t topics
that have come up too often before, but I'm fairly
knew to this group.

- -Al