Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: those movies
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:33:52 -0600

At 01:24 AM 2/20/99 +0800, you wrote:
> A while ago, when I asked the cinematography list about using R lenses on
>an MP camera, I was told that Leica make some lenses for Panavision.

Actually, what it was is that the Midland, Ontario plant, while operated by
Leica produced Panavision lenses. I got that from a guy who does
commercials in Los Angeles and he told me about some outrageous lenses they
make for TV and movies. Like a 12mm - 480mm 1.2 lens. Not exactly those
numbers, but something like that. How'd you like that on your R8? :-) I'd
hate to even ask the price.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)