Subject: [Leica] Re: R6.2/7 mirror lock up
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:21:51 -0800

The mirror pre-release push button is part number  14087, available through
any authorized Leica dealer.

I have these for my R7's but like using a cable release much much better.
Camera cable release and mirror cable release in one hand. Push the mirror
cable followed by the shutter cable. Really easy, without having to reach
around and push a button on the front of the camera. You are usually behind
your camera. If you use MLU, you should be using a shutter cable release.
So two releases in your hand are sure easy. I think Leica did us a favor by
using a cable release socket for MLU.

IMHO... and thousands of rolls with MLU.

Jim