Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & tri-X
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:38:56 -0600

At 11:12 PM 2/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Strange that it only took me 37 years to discover I had made some nice
>negatives at one time.:) But then.... oh well never mind...:)

Ted,

Don't feel bad. Some never learn. :-)

Seriously, tonality is what it's all about, no? Sebastiao Salgado kept on
using Tri-X for years because of the tonality. Press Maxx developer was
created specifically because modern films don't respond as well to older
developers as their potential would allow. That developer was created
specifically to be used with TMax films. Well, one of the things built into
that developer is it's more forgiving than D-76 with TMax.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

- -The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.