Subject: [Leica] SPR: OFF-TOPIC
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:31:29 -0500

At 02:27 PM 1999-02-18 -0800, Peter Kotsanedelis wrote:
>It sucked!  Spielberg needs to go back to lighter movies.  Something with a
>storyline. SPR was fabrication in the biggest sense except for the first 30
>minutes which I assume close to accurate considering the expert consultants
>he had for the movie.  Its just that I find it entirely unecessary to
>subject an audience to 30 mins of it when 5 would do.  But that would make
>for a shorted movie and Spielberg likes them long winded....

Peter

I am stunned by this.  If you guys would change the subj:  line, I'd key
into these threads earlier.  DAMN IT:  CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN THE
THREAD DRIFTS.  This isn't rocket science, and you guys are all MENSA
candidates, or you'd not be shooting Leica, now, would you?

I am on the WWII-L.  The veterans were horrifically impressed by SAVING
PRIVATE RYAN and hate THE THIN RED LINE.  Me?  I'm a retired light colonel,
but no one ever fired at my sacred body, so what do I know?  But I feel
that SPR is worthy of great respect, the exact opposite to the feeling I
have for that fallacious LIST flick he made.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!