Subject: Re: [Leica] R 19mm Old v. New
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:02:56 -0800

Roy Zartarian wrote:

snip
> However, Lee now has a 4"x4" resin filter holder that I'm going to
> try out as soon as I get a chance to cart the lens over to the supply
> shop. I would use filters for color correction under fluorescent
> lighting.
>
> Roy

snip

You can get glass filters to put in the resin holder. Resin is great
stuff for making a darkroom sink. Putting it or plastic in front of your
Leica Glass? Look at those babies funny and they will have scratches on
them but more to the point is that the optical properties of glass are a
decimal league above plastic or resin. And if I'm wrong I would hope an
expert would straighten me out. That's the last I heard on that topic a
long while back. It could have changed but I doubt it.
Mark Rabiner