Subject: Re: [Leica] R 19mm Old v. New
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:57:03 +0000

One characteristic of the earlier 19mm is that a filter cannot be
attached. In fact, the factory literature of the day noted that
filter use with this lens was not recommended - despite the
incorporation of filter threading.  My own limited experimentation
resulted in the filter glass touching the font element of the lens.

However, Lee now has a 4"x4" resin filter holder that I'm going to
try out as soon as I get a chance to cart the lens over to the supply
shop. I would use filters for color correction under fluorescent
lighting.

Roy