Subject: [Leica] Re: One-hour (mini) labs
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:39:48 -0800

A good mini-lab is a wonderful tool. I happen to be lucky enough to have
one very near. Keeble & Shuchat Photography's in-house mini-lab. It is not
a 1-hour lab because it has so much business and couldn't possibly keep up
with the demand. The reason it is so busy is that it puts out very very
high quality work.

I take any C-41 film that I use, to KSP for processing. I think of the
4x6's that I get as proofs. If I want "real" prints of some particular
shots, I take the 4x6 and negative(s) to my local PRO lab (remember, my
darkroom is in the middle of a re-model.)

Anyway... my point is, that a "good" mini-lab can make C-41 photographic
life really easy. My condolences to those of you that don't have a "really
good" mini-lab rear by.

Jim