Subject: [Leica] Re: Drying marks
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:34:11 -0500 (EST)

>In any case, the problem I have is that I'm getting drying marks on my
>films, despite precautions.  I use a wetting agent in the last rinse,
>with the right dilution, and let it sit in the water for about five
>minutes.  Then I carefully remove the reels, hang them up and gently
>"squegee" them between my index and long fingers.
>
>Still, I keep on getting little white marks on the film.  What am I
>doing wrong?  How can I get rid of the marks on the film I've already
>developed?

I used to use a squeegee in place of fingers as described above. It worked
better for me. Two years ago I found an electric film dryer (Honeywell) at
a used equipment shop. It is a cylinder large enough to accommodate 2 35mm
reels. It has an electric fan inside that circulates the air over the film
and through a canister of desicating chemical. I think it was made in the
late 60s. It eliminates water marks and dust as well. (This is the only one
of this design that I ever seen)

Ken Wilcox

- ----
Davison Middle School                         preferred--->
<wilcox@tir.com>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                              <kwilcox@gfn.org>