Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 3200
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:55:16 -0600

At 07:32 AM 2/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Eric-
>
>I'd love to know your development for pushing TMZ to 6400; or is this a
>"trade secret'? I'm going to be working on a project for a non-profit

No secret. See my previous post. I use 85 degrees. It speeds up the
process, reduces wet time which plays a part in grain. Though not as much
as older less hardened films.

Make sure the stop, fixer, wash and photo flo are 85 degrees too. I always
mix fresh photo flo from the wash water each time. That way it's up to
temp. and fresh. Nothing worse than old photo flo.

My agitation is 5 inversions in five seconds every 30 seconds. Other people
agitate P3200 a lot less than I do. But I find my negatives are gorgeous.
You can see some of it on my web page. First three pictures in the sports
section. All three are at 6400. The jumping kid (basketball) was in very
horrible light. 90 Summicron f/2 at 1/250.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.