Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film (long)
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 05:09:54 EST

I am sincerely afraid to expose all of my eccentricities (spelling
questionable-too early and AOL spellcheck is not working on this word).  If
you recall I am a bag nut and now you will find out that I am a tank and reel
nut.  I have used all of them and the one that I keep using over and over is
the Kinderman tank with Hewes reels.  The Hewes reels are high quality and
very easy to use.

Bob Bedwell

<< I've found only one problem with the Hewes reels: because they're
 slightly thicker than the other brands, I can't stack two of them
 inside a "double" size steel tank -- the top doesn't fit on all the
 way.  I hesitate to replace the single and double capacity steel tanks
 because the only larger ones that I've found seem to be very poorly
 constructed: the light baffle is made of plastic, held in place by
 melting the ends of some plastic posts onto the baffle itself, and
 I've seen that setup fail.

 There seems to be a general consensus on which reels are best; is
 there also a consensus on which tanks are best?  I'd like to find a
 larger capacity tank, but I also want it to last a long time.