Subject: Re: [Leica] M carrying case
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:58:54 EST

As I have stated in previous posts this is such a very subjective topic.  I am
a real camera bag psycho.   My general reaction to all bags is that I don't
like them.  I have gone through Tamrac, Domke, Lowe, Billingham, Zero
Halliburton and several no-names.  The only bag that comes close to meeting my
quality standards is the Domke F2LE Leather bag.  The quality is exceptional
and it's design is well thought out.  The leather is firm enough to protect
your equipment yet soft enough to mold against your hip when you are carrying
it.  The weight and the comfort make it one of the best that I have used.
The interior configuration can be changed to meet individual needs.  It has
two straps.  One is a very wide leather strap with a pad for the shoulder and
a short small one that just fits over the top of the bag.  This small strap
makes it much easier to pick up and carry at arm length.  I carry my R8, 28mm
PC and 50mm with plenty of room leftover for film and other accessories.  I
plan an 80mm or 90mm lense in the near future and it will fit as well.  The
only problem with this bag is that you will have a difficult time finding it
in the shops to inspect.    This bag is a bargain at $239.00.  Not that it
makes any difference but this is the only bag that I own that attracts the
attention of other photographers everytime I carry it.  Highly recommended by
the "Bag Nut".

Bob Bedwell

<< The basic Domke design pads the individual compartments from one another,
 and between you and the gear, and this works very well indeed. I have fallen
 on this bag, dropped it,and whacked it into hard surfaces, yet my gear looks
 great!