Subject: [Leica] Re: M Carrying case
From: John Irvin Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 02:54:38 -0500

I would like to warn others about my troubles with Tenba bags.  They
make bags by spraying some chemical on the material to make it
waterproof.  After a while the chemical begins to disintegrate and
deposit itself on your equipment.  I had to have the foam replaced in my
R5 after carrying it in a Tenba for only 6 months.  The technician said
he had never seen decay this bad.  I had 2 of these bags, when I
returned to Tenba for warranty repairs/replacement, I was told that
there was nothing that they could/would do because the bags were old,
even though I had receipts that proved that I had only purchased them 3
years earlier.  Every time I would use one of these bags I find the
equipment covered with a fine dust.  I was worried about the dust
working it's way into one of the body or lens and causing irrepairable
damage.  This is my story, and I am sticking to it.

John

The Tenba satchel suffers from a bit
TOO MUCH padding, a lame film pouch, and an organizer section that isn't

real helpful with photo gear. But rugged, oh yeah--I won't be astonished
if
it outlasts the canvas Domke and Billingham bags by a factor of 2.