Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: B&W and forever the iconoclast
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:25:23 -0600

At 09:12 AM 2/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
>ounds like you know him personally Eric.  How do you know this?  Writings or
>conversation with Sebatiao.

Try Leica's books "75 Years of Leica Photography" and several articles in
magazines (Aperture and such) and Leica literature. I know a few people who
know him. (Rich Clarkson for one who introduced his work to us at the
Missouri Photo Workshop in '87. Said he was the "spiritual" successor to W.
Eugene Smith). I know for sure he prefers normal focal lengths and very
rarely uses anything longer than 90 or shorter than 28. And his favorite R
lens is the 60 macro. One of my favorites of his was shot with a 50
Summicron on an M5. (Woman looking out of a door with a girl with candy
apples on a board on her head walking by from Other Americas). (Threw that
out for all those M5 fans out there).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch