Subject: Re: [Leica] M-3 meter survey
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:16:43 -0500

I use a minolta autometer III with my SS M-3.  I take a few incidence
readings when i first start shooting in th shade, sun, when the sun is
behind a cloud... and then I put the meter back in my pocket.  I make
adjustments using my judgement as needed.  I had a MR meter but didnt' like
it.  *Mine* wasn't extermerly accurate.  Aside from that, whenever i wanted
to take a reading i had to point the camera at the subject, it diminished
the fine feel of turning the shutter speed dial, also, with the meter
staring up at me all the time I found I was taking too many unneeded meter
readings.  It should be noted I shoot B/W and color neg.  The only down
side I see to the minolta meter is its size... you may want to investigate
its sekonic equivilant

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>