Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: now B&W photography
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:09:02 -0800

What was his name?

- -----Original Message-----
From: Eric Welch [mailto:ewelch@ponyexpress.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 9:14 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

At 07:22 PM 2/16/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Let me twist that a bit - if you were interested in black and white, you
>would probably pick lithography rather than painting.

There was a painter who lost his visual sense of color in an automobile
accident. He almost committed suicide. But then he started making black and
white paintings and produced some celebrated work. Then, using his memory
of color, he started doing color paintings again, and is now famous again
for his color. I read about him in the book "An Anthropologist on Mars."

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke