Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Tri-X and Kodak vs Ilford?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:57:18 -0600

At 08:42 PM 2/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm not exactly sure what you mean by burning down the highlights in the
>darkroom. I assume you are referring to overdeveloping and losing detail in
>the highlights.

I mean when printing.

>problem with Tmax was contrast and clumpy unattractive grain.  One of the
>things that I never did was develop Tmax at 75 degrees as you stated in your
>note.   I assume that are referring to Tmax developer in the last three
>sentences of you second paragraph?

No, any developer. TMax film is optimized to be processed at 75 degrees
with D-76 as well as TMax developer. Better mid-tones. In fact, it's
optimized for D-76 at normal exposure indexes. TMax developer is for
pushing. Not normal development, though it works very well for that too.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.