Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: M6 user/collectible
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:21:17 -0600

At 11:24 AM 2/16/99 -0800, you wrote:
>As we get
>older and have more money to spend, we buy more expensive items, like an M6
>or R8 when in reality we are only taking snapshots.

Your sweeping generalizations based on pet theories get rather strange,
even as they contain grains of truth. That's how the best lies start, with
a bit of truth, to make them believable. I looked up the word sophistry
once. The definition was "specious but fallacious reasoning." I love it!

People who have actually USED these cameras know they are very capable, and
actually can play a role in producing better work. And the assumption that
all the new whiz-bang features automatically mean better pictures is a bit
of marketing sophistry.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.