Subject: Re: [Leica] can't beat the minilab
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 05:59:37 +0100

Well Mark, what can I say...

Have you read the whole post ? I know the conclusion seems provocative.
It is meant to be ;-)

But it is confirmed by my personal experience of SELECTED minilabs using
good processing/printing hardware, with clean, dust free room, and, most
important, capable, proactive, literate and friendly clercks. Those have
provided me with prints, up to medium sizes, that have nothing to envy
from the high end pro labs I've tried. They provide me with immediate
access (1 hr) to those prints, which in turn enables me to get them
almost immediately to the customer or the friend who needs them. They
offer me a price/quality/convenience ratio that remains miles ahead of
what I get from from my scanner/PC/inkjet setup.

This works only for color negs of course. E6, prints from slides and b/w
are other kettles of soup...

Friendly regards,

Alan