Subject: Re: [Leica] M carrying case
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 01:32:14 +0000

At 04:42 PM 2/16/99 -0800, you wrote:
>>Hopefully,
>>one of these days the inspector won't look at the ASA dial on the back
>>of the camera while he's looking through the viewfinder to make sure
>>there's nothing hidden inside the camera.
>
>I suppose this must have been addressed on the LUG some while back?
>I've found it quite amusing when my M6 gets inspected that way. I always
>make sure to take the lens-cap off first as well!
>Byron.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but I've been trying to work out what the ASA
dial reference there means. I understand that its funny that someone would
think he is looking "through the camera" with a rangefinder, but the ASA
dial bit eludes me totally, and I hate to think I'm missing something. Can
nyone explain?

Joe Berenbaum