Subject: RE: [Leica] B&W and forever the iconoclast
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:31:11 -0800

I am with you.  I like much of her stuff, but I won;t say all of it.  She
used to use a Hassy but fell in love with the 6x7cm format and has been
using a Mamiya for years.  She also admits she prefers to handhold it which
unfortunately irritates her assistants.  The funniest story she told us was
taking a nude shot of a male model painted up in Times Square (NYC) during
the day. They planned it out, had everything ready and everyoe jumped out of
a cab(s) and shot for about 5 minutes.  They were hoping not to get
arrested, is what she said.  But in the end, she was astonished that people
didn;t even notice what they were doing and cared even less.  Amazing!  If
you have been to Times Square in the daytime you'd understand the impact of
this statement.  Being an ex-NYer, with all the wackos aroud the area, I do
understand people ignoring it/paying little attention.

Peter K