Subject: [Leica] B&W, TMAX100
From: "Anderson, Ferrel" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:30:32 -0600

I have been experimenting with TMAX100 and XTOL developer with a view of
standardizing on this combination and printing with the V35 enlarger.  I am
conducting a "ring-around-test", and have found that less that Kodak
recommended development results in significant loss of film speed.
Developing at the recommended time and for slightly longer than recommended
times results in a true 100 film speed, and very little film speed change.
So, if you want the thinnest negatives possible for 35mm work, look out!
Time and temperature control in this range (i.e., less than recommended
development) is crucial.  I have not finished my test yet since I found that
developing up to the recommended time did not result in optimum tonal range.
I am extending the test to include longer film development times.  Let you
know the results later.

I am planning on testing Delta 100 and AGFA 100 films immediately after my
TMAX100 tests are completed.  The TMAX100 test results will be my control.

I am currently using Polymax Fine Art and Polymax II RC papers, but want to
use a graded paper also.  Any recommendations?

Ferrel Anderson