Subject: [Leica] Re: now B&W photography
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:22:55 +0100

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:

> Yet, personally, I can't avoid thinking:
> Would I be a painter, would I readily give up color?

Let me twist that a bit - if you were interested in black and white, you
would probably pick lithography rather than painting.

Other than a brief flirtation with B/W nine years ago (no time
otherwise), I haven't used it since the early to mid 70's. I've now
taken it back up with a vengance, and all the darkroom talk is
making me think about moving to somewhere I can build a darkroom
again, or at least develop my own film again.

On another note, there was some discussion yesterday about RF
clarity differences among different models. As a few of you know,
I'm a Leica novice looking to buy my first body, and this is of great
interest to me. If there is a significant difference between earlier and
later bodies, when did it change? Between M5 and M4-2? Earlier or
later?

Thanks,

Tim