Subject: RE: [Leica] Younger photographers and Leica rangefinders
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:39:58 -0500

Not necessarily, Eric.  In a former life I studied cartography.  I was in
the last generation that learned to draw maps with a pen and pot of ink from
a page full of numbers.  That craft is now completely lost.  Let's hope that
wet photography doesn't suffer a similar fate.  It is up to us to pass on
our skills and the lore of  traditional photography to our children and
anyone else we can reach.  On one thing you are entirely right; in spite of
the dire warnings from a century ago, photography did not make painting
obsolete, so perhaps there's hope.

	Buzz Hausner