Subject: Re: [Leica] Do not like 75mm framelines
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 02:35:41 +0000

This is all very interesting but there's something here I really don't
understand.

At 07:28 PM 2/15/99 -0600, you wrote:

<snipped>

>Here goes flame bait.....MOST of Erwin's admittedly superlative
>testing is PHOTOGRAPHICALLY useless.....there's NO photographic
>difference between ANY Leica lenses made in the last 30 years...
>bear with me.....what I mean is on REAL film (>ISO100, preferably
>400 for handheld work) at reasonable shutter speeds, HANDHELD,
>there is no visible difference. Period.  It's like the folks that
>can hear differences in line cords on audio amps...bullshit.

and then;

>I love fast lenses...I already have a new version 90 f2,

What I can't understand is- given the above statement, why did you get the
new version? If there is no real difference, why didn't you get an older
version, say the last pre-aspherical 90/f2 and spend the balance on
something like film?

I'm not trying to be controversial; I have really been wondering about
whether the newer lenses have anything to offer me that would make a
difference to my pictures, fast film handheld. Seeking enlightenment.

Joe Berenbaum