Subject: [Leica] Leica M5
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:27:40 -0500 (EST)

Bonsoir a tous,

Bob Figlio wrote:

<If you have looked at the prices lately, the secret is out.>

  Yes Bob, I did look at the prices lately.  In the january issue of
Shutterbug (in Jim Kuehl ad) it was possible to purchase an M5 in Ex
condition for $ 895.  Considering the camera s characteristics, it seems
like a pretty good deal.  Seems to me that M4 s in similar condition (and
with less features, meter etc.) sell for more.  That is why I still think
the M5 is somewhat of an unknown M amongst users.  Then again, I do not
check ads on a regular basis...

  As for the M5 being the best M, well I would not trade my user M5 for a
mint in the box M6.

  Asbestos suit on :-)]

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)