Subject: [Leica] Darkroom Survey
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:04:11 -0800

The following is my darkroom, but I must add that since I bought
an HP scanner and Epson PhotoEx printer I have not spent very
much time printing.

Note that the Hamrick software for the HP, at www.hamrick.com,
in the latest release 4.4, provides a superior image IMHO over the
HP software.

Saunders 4500 with dichro head.
Saunders 16x20 easel
McBeth color analyzer
McBeth densitometer
Nova 4-Slot unit for developing 11x14
dry-mount press
Zone VI washer for fibre
Nova washers for 8x10 & 11x14 for RC
Nikkor 50mm
Schneider Componon-S 80mm; 135mm

I have calibrated the dichro head for b&w using Ilford Multigrade
IV paper.  Take two wide open readings for zone III and VII on
the print using the McBeth, then the graphs I made tell me what
filtration to use, and what setting to use on the McBeth.  Then I
stop down and read off the exposure, then dial in the filter.  Gets
pretty close every time.

Bob Rose