Subject: RE: [Leica] was:Summi vs. Nocti, now M6 user/collectible!
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:57:06 -0800

	<snip>You are correct. But if the majority of AF-SLR users were to
jump off a
> bridge...
>
> ...I'll let your mother fill in the rest. <snip>

	Terrible to say somethinglike that Eric! I thought better of you.
	<snip>Let me quote Peter Howe, former director of photography at
LIFE (and the
> NYT Sunday Magazine) and I believe is now with Audubon, or something like
> that. I was giving him a ride in my car to the University of Missouri for
> the Pictures of the Year awards in '87. I had seen him on the Today Show,
> or Good Morning America that morning and he had stated that young and
> upcoming photojournalists were moving towards black and white photography,
> and using Leica rangefinders. I asked him about it, and he said he based
> that on the number of portfolios he was reviewing for possible use in
> LIFE.
> And on knowing many of the best in the business.
	<snip>  Another old time has been ehhh!  I bet he knew Barnack
himself.....(just joking)