Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] was:Summi vs. Nocti, now M6 user/collectible!
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:23:54 -0600

 Sunday, February 14, 1999, Kotsinadelis, wrote:
> Opinion, remember! Everyone has one.  The Ms are nice but in reality little
> used today by the great majority of photographers.

Peter,

I think you might be surprised by the number of news types who have an
M stuck away somewhere in their bag of tricks.

I  have known quite a few who use the M system when it is best to use.
Yes  most working shooters, news and otherwise use AF Canon and Nikon.
But many also use the M for its discreetness and quietness for working
close in quite settings.

At  my  first  newspaper  there  were 2 photographers who used M's, in
Nashville  I  know  of  2 newspaper shooters who have an M tucked away
somewhere,  in  Atlanta  I knew quite a few photogs who had the m's in
reserve.  Just seeing them in their daily work you would never know it
as  they  used  the  Nikon/Canon  for most of their shooting. But when
needed they would pull out the M.

Best regards,
 Harrison                          mailto:mcclary@iname.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto