Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Darkroom User Survey: Data interpretation
From: Fred Greenspan <greenspan@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:34:14 -0400

Hi all,

I was hesitant to participate in your survey, since I haven't been shooting
with a Leica till now - I know I'm a sinner. I did process my first roll that
I just shot in my Leitz Minolta CL. Does this count? The CL has been in my
closet with a broken rangefinder for more years than I want to think about. I
am going to ship it to Sherry next week to finally get it repaired, but I
wanted to put a roll through it and zone focus before I shipped it, just to
see how it performs. It seems to be working quite well. This could easily
become my everday carry camera once it is repaired.

Anyway, I have had darkrooms for about 38 years, since I was about nine. I
only do darkroom work in b&w, which is what I shoot for my serious photography
anyway. When I do shoot color for snapshots or product shots, I send it out.
Currently I have a Beseler 23CXLIII with an Aristo VCL4500 variable contrast
cold light head. The main lenses I use on the enlarger are Componon-S, a 50 mm
and 100 mm. Incidentally, we do have full digital capability since my wife is
a graphic designer. We can scan negs and chromes up to 8x10 on our Agfa
Duoscan and have a color laser printer. I just prefer working in the dark!

I am enjoying learning about Leicas and Leica culture here on this list. Thanks!-Fred