Subject: Re: [Leica] Experience with E-Bay Auction site
From: "Terry Price (Edgecombe-Coles House)" <terry@free.midcoast.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 14:37:30 -0400

I have found some wonderful bargains on eBay and some that were worth what
I paid. I have never been badly stung. You must ask questions of the seller
and find out if they have a return policy if you are not satisfied. Chech
the sellers feedback and avoid ones with too many negative comments. A good
seller might have one or two negatives since some people are never
satisfied. Most sellers describe their goods honestly. Some go too far
trying to be honest. I bought a pair of Leitz 7x50 binoculars that went for
only $65 because the seller described them as needing cleaning and having
an inscription. When I got them the inscription was the standard Leitz logo
found on all their binoculars. The cleaning needed was simply to wipe off
the years of grime on the outside of the binoculars. Underneath the dirt
they were mint with perfect glass.

Terry