Subject: [Leica] was poor Bill now Can-Us war! really off topic!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:47:41 -0800

from Robert G Stevens who wrote::

>>Remember Canadians did burn down the Whitehouse the last time Americans
>>thought Canada should be part of America :-)

Marc replied:
>a)  This is Canadian bullshit.>>>>>>>

>b)  The Canadians didn't burn Washington:  their British masters did.  If
>there were Canadian troops or sailors present, the British seem to have
>forgotten this.>>>>>>

Gee Marc,  touchie are we? :)

And I don't think you should call them "their British Masters" Heck we
didn't know any different as most of the folks were British anyway or French

a) Gee I never knew we could BS you guys! :) You're the best!:) Let alone
anybody. :)

b) we were all sort of Canadians' at the time, because we didn't really
become Canadian's until 1867.

You folks still get real touchie over a little fire in the White House? ;)
You see what happens when you give those folks from the Great White North
too much good old fashion Canadian beer! :)  They go around burning the out
houses of the country.

Just imagine if there were Leicas around in 1812, we could've shot the
whole thing on film! Recorded history from both sides!:) Mathew Brady would
have been upstaged and we could make a hell of a slide show!:)

But this is the Leica Users group and it illustrates how one unfortunate
misinterpreted re-mark <<<Remember this is America.>>> can throw the family
"BIG TIME OFF TOPIC!"   But interesting.:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant