Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Sandy's Rapidwinder/Tmax 3200
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:44:30 -0600

>Just bought a 100'roll of this tmax 3200; expiration date is 1/98; anyone
>have any experience with post dated 3200? Seller has assured me it was cold
>stored....
>Also, anyone have any suggestions of ASA ratings and development 'recipes'?
>Specifically with Xtol? I'll check the Kodak web page, but I find
>experience is more reliable.

Bob,

I'd not shoot anything important till I tried it out.  I throw away all out
of date P3200 as it tends to fog very quickly after expiration due to
cosmic radiation...keeping it cool doesn't matter one whit.

As far as development goes I always have used the TMax developer for
reccommended times.  Be accurate on your exposures also.  P3200 is rather
picky on exposure, I treat it like I am shooting chrome.

Good Luck.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
Preview my book: http://www.volmania.com