Subject: [Leica] motion and abuse of FS postings
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 9:59:50 -0500

My vote is to limit FS to Fridays as I think it is still the best
solution to keep bandwidth down.......

But I would be willing to compromise and say that you may post FS items
any day of the week as long as you do not post FS items to the lug more
than once a week.....  I don't want multiple posting from the same seller
with more or less the same items for sale more than once a week  (period)
  I think limiting the postings to Fridays is the easiest way to keep
multiple FS postings of the same items from happening because everyone
knows the rules (unwritten or not).

Remember one reason we don't have a lot of abuse at the present is
because we have been limiting the postings to Friday.... Saying that
waiting till Friday has caused people to miss out on selling items or
buying is illogical in practical terms.....   If I really want to buy
something..... I can wait to see if anything was posted on the Lug over
the weekend and buy on Monday if it wasn't....  sure someone might post
the item for sale on Tuesday or Wed or the following Friday but either
way it doesn't make any difference. because the posting came after I
bought something else....

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador